I'm an English Expat who spent a couple of decades living in LA-LA land before leaving it all behind and going cold-turkey on all the modern conveniences and plethora of choice of Los Angeles to move to Bodrum, Turkey during the winter season to start a new life with Red, my knight in shining armour.
Roving: Definition of ROVE: To wander about at random, especially over a wide area e.g. roam.
What am I writing about?
Trending Topics on this website
Up until 5 years ago, I did creative writing in notebooks and took thousands of digital photos that only saw the inside of my trusted computer's hard drive. But after traveling to Turkey to buy a property, I started my first travel blog .. and now I maintain four different websites that cover different topics:
Let me introduce you to my Websites:
Roving Jay Website
- Global travel adventures and musings, plus the joys of buying and managing a property in Turkey, and making the transition from a base in LA to one in Bodrum.
- Plus random knowledge I've picked up about Website Design, online marketing and search engine optimization. I also write about our house sitting adventures, and share house sitting tips and expertise.
Jay Artale Website
- I'm a project manager specialising in social media and content management and I share insights and education about building your personal brand online. My preferred social networks are Twitter and Pinterest, and have a special interest in the travel and self-publishing niches.
Bodrum Peninsula Travel Guide Website
BodrumPeninsulaTravelGuide.co.uk is my main Bodrum Travel Website:
- It covers all the towns and villages on the Bodrum Peninsula in Turkey, and is aimed at encouraging independent travelers to get off the tourist track and discover the charm and beauty of the local area. This is also the showcase site for my Bodrum Travel Guide series.
Yalikavak Travel Website
Birds of a Feather Press and Indie Author Collective
Birdsofafeatherpress.com is my Indie Publishing Imprint & Author's Collective website:
- As an evolution of my self-publishing journey I'm starting my own self-publishing imprint "Birds of a Feather Press" which also provides an opportunity for independent authors to band together under my "Birds of a Feather Author's Collective". Collaboration and integrity are key in self-publishing and this Birds banner offers both.
- I'm already in discussions with authors eager to publish under this new indie imprint, and I'm accepting applications to join the Author Collective. Request your invitation here.
As well as being an avid blogger, I've also written and self-published two travel guides for Turkey's Bodrum Peninsula.
- My Bodrum Peninsula Travel Guide (an extensive review of all towns and villages on the Bodrum Peninsula.
- My Gumusluk Travel Guide (an in-depth look at my favourite area of the Bodrum Peninsula)
© Cartoonstock.com artist gwan374
Want to be a Guest Blogger on Roving Jay Expat Adventures?
Guest Blog Guidelines
For anyone who wishes to be a Guest Blogger on my Expat Adventures blog, here’s some guidelines:
- Content must be pertinent to Expats, Global Digital Nomads and House Sitters or other related topics
- Content should comply to the “Blog with Integrity” Pledge
- End the blog post with a byline segment, including an introduction and (up to) 2 links to a website or social media source site
Other than those three guidelines… just bear in mind that the content needs to add value to the audience.