I need your help
A person is using my name, bio and an almost identical user ID on Twitter (it’s my Twitter handle suffixed with a “b”).
Here’s my Twitter Profile:
Here’s their Twitter profile:
Please could you help me shut down their account by reporting them as SPAM to Twitter. It’s an easy 3 step process.
Here’s how to report spam:
- Visit the spam account’s profile @rovingjayb
- Click the person icon. This brings up a drop-down actions menu (see image below).
- Click on Report @username for spam.
Taking Action with Twitter
I have reported this user to Twitter, but although they are misrepresenting themselves as me, and have in effect duplicated my online identify (including my name, bio, user name — and my achievements), they aren’t technically “impersonating me” … e.g. sending out messages pretending to be me; therefore Twitter don’t consider it fraud and can’t suspend their account.
What happens to accounts reported as SPAM?
The official Twitter Policy:
- “Once you click the “report as spam” link, Twitter will block the user from following you or from replying to you. Reporting an account for spam does not automatically result in suspension”
What I hope will happen:
- Twitter will receive so many SPAM complaints that it will suspend this account.
Please Help me and Report this Account for SPAM:
- Type your name in the search Box and see how many people will your name show up and see if they’re using a similar Twitter handle to you etc.