Are you writing your blog content for yourself or for an Audience?
When I first started blogging, I wrote for myself. Eventually I realized that if I was going spend time and effort creating content, I wanted to make sure it was attracting an audience, and that’s when I started putting more thought into the content creation process.
If you are writing for your audience (and this is the approach I recommend), you should ensure your content is focused with a clear goal in mind.
3 Step Approach:
By using this 3 Step Approach, you will have a better chance of capturing your audiences attention, and conveying your message:
- Who are they?
- What are their Needs?
- What is their expertise or knowledge level?
Step 2: What is your call to Action?
- What do you want your audience to do?
Step 3: How will your content benefit your Audience?
- What’s in it for your audience?
- How will you convey your opinion?
- How will you encourage the call to action?
Apply this 3 Step Approach to any blog post you create, and it’ll help craft your content, and keep it focused.
Using my 3 Step Approach to create this blog content:
- My audience are looking for ways to speed up their content creation process; they are beginning bloggers, or bloggers without formal writing training who could use some tips on creating their content
- My call to action is for my audience to follow this 3 step process
- The benefit of this 3 Step Approach is that it will help focus my audience’s thoughts during the content creation process